Thursday 23 February 2012

Lent has begun....

 I'm a Catholic..

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the day which marks the commencement of Lent. Lent, is the 40 day period of fasting and prayer from Ash Wednesday (Feb 22) to Easter (April 08). Anyway, I left work at exactly 6pm and was in Church Divine Mercy, Shah Alam about one hour before the 8pm mass.  I was happy by the way because this is the first time I can sit in front of the altar after four years celebrating Ash Wednesday here in shah alam.The church was fully packed...Okay.. like most people, I have many hopes, prayers and wishes on my heart and I also made a promise to myself to fasting. So, let’s pray for one another that these 40 days will be a time to sharpen our awareness that God is present in our lives now and always.Amen..:)=

*
*
*
"Return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return the Lord, your God, for God is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love." (Joel 2:13)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...